Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tudor Dolls


This is the Tudor family who resides in the Harrison, whom I've dubbed the Duke & Duchess of Richmond, Edward & Mary. They have a daughter, Margaret, and a son, Thomas. These beautiful dolls are the work of Tiggy Goldsmith. You can find her wonderful dolls on Etsy at Mrs Tiggywinkle's Dolls. My most recent Tiggy doll is this lovely Tudor wench, Dorothy, who is helping in the family kitchen below.


I really enjoy finding inhabitants for my dollhouses, though I admit I've gotten a bit carried away in the dollhouse doll department. I have acquired quite a few dollhouse dolls, although most of them are budget dolls & not artisan creations. I collected vintage dolls for over a decade, of the non-dollhouse variety, so I guess it was only natural for me to be drawn to these little people. I feel any dollhouse shop or residence isn't complete without folks at work or at play inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment